Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011


August 2011. A shoulder shrug. I adjusted an old Bernat pattern I found on-line. I used Peaches and Cream cotton yarn. This was my first attempt to knit this kind of a shrug. I like it a lot and it is very comfortable. Next time, however, I will use a 3-ply yarn.

Here's the pattern for knitting with a 4-ply yarn (you will need 180 g or 6.3 oz) and size 7 needles (4.5 mm)

Cast on 73 sts.

1st row: *knit 1, yarn over, slip 2 stitches over knitwise, knit 1 and bring this stitch through the 2 slipped stitches (the middle stitch should be on the top of the other two), yarn over* Repeat this pattern (from * to *) until the end of the row and finish with knit 1 stitch.

2nd row: purl all stitches

Repeat rows 1 and 2 until the shrug measures 36 inches. Cast off.

Sew side edges together for 8 inches to form sleeves.


Click on the diagram to make it bigger.










No comments:

Post a Comment